COM 202 – Public Speaking
This course will focus on the study, practice and art of public address, developing strategic, confidant, and credible public speakers. An emphasis will be on speech organization, research and support, communications ethics, anxiety management, listening skills and dynamic delivery. A variety of oral presentations designed for real-world public speaking situations will help advance students’ ability to deliver polished and informed public speeches adapted to a range of audiences and public speaking situations.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the basic principles of oral communication.
- Improve skills in researching, writing, and organizing effective presentations that are appropriate to audiences.
- Understand and explain the communications process and its importance related to each student’s unique life journey.
- Effectively deliver a range of speeches and presentations while conquering anxiety.
- Emerge as confident, effective and dynamic public speakers.