BST 200 – Experiencing the Bible
The course is designed to experience the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, instructing you how to open your eyes, mind, and heart to God’s truth through the Bible that will change you emotionally, physically and spiritually. You are given guidance and insight in how to become more effective in your efforts to know, interpret, apply and experience the truth, joy and power of God’s word. You will also discover some of the ways that can help you go deeper into the joy of a Holy Spirit-filled life and see the relevance of a true encounter with the Scriptures. You will come to experience the transforming power of God through this course as you live a holy life witnessing God’s truth through every area of your life.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Gain a growing discernment of the Truth as revealed in the Old and New Testaments.
- Identify and explore effective ways of experiencing the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
- Train your eyes for effective observation of the Scriptures.
- Open your mind for effective interpretation of the Scriptures.
- Engage your heart for personal and communal application of Scriptural truth gained from proper understanding and experience.