BST 100 – History of Bible
This course is a general introduction of the Bible with emphasis given to its historical, geographical, and literary aspects. The purpose of this course is to help students better understand the historical context of biblical literature, and the relationship of the Bible to the history, culture, literature, art, and social customs of the modern world. A strong awareness will be nurtured on how the student experiences, through the presence of Jesus, the Biblical text in life.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use the knowledge of the cultures and geography of the ancient World as reflected in the Bible to better understand the revelation of God to humankind.
- Develop a working knowledge of the historical and cultural background of the Bible.
- Explore the life of Jesus as recorded in the Bible.
- Apply the history of Judaism and the early Christian church as recorded in the Bible.
- Integrate the Biblical text and revelation with the student’s personal experience of the love of the Triune God.